Indigo can not be used solely, but only as a colorant together with henna and/or cassia to get different brown shades of colours. Indigo should be prepared just before putting it on hair.
Weight: 200 g
Usage instructions for hair dying:
- You put in a bowl (plastic, ceramic or glass with lid) additional amount of indigo powder and liquid (aqua or tea).
- Aqua should be warm max 50°C. You mix everything with wooden spoon to get a homogenous paste with density of joghurt.
- The amount of powders depends on how long your hair are: 60 g of powder for shorter hair (or hair roots), 100-150 g for medium or long hair.
- Then you put indigo paste to a prepared paste of henna and other powders. You mix everything to get a final mixture and apply it directly on pre washed hair. You leave it on your hair for at least 1 hour, protected with plastic foil or cap. It’s good to have it on your hair for longer time (min 4 hours) for getting better result.
- If you want black shade of hair, you dye your hair first with henna in a regular way (considering the whole process of hair dying with henna). After that you put indigo paste and leave it on hair for 2 hours.
- When dying is completed, you wash your hair in a normal way as long as aqua gets clear, using shampoo to wash away all mixture. Then you dry your hair.
- The colour shade will develop within next 48 hours after applying.
- Before using henna and other vegetable powders it’s not recommended to use shampoo or conditioner with silicone. They can avoid the natural pigments to penetrate inside of hair.